Noted in feorag's journal - which airports have I visited:
- London Heathrow
- London Stansted
- London Gatwick
- London Luton
- London City
- Jersey (second ever commercial flight, back in '85 or so)
- Guernsey (but not got out of plane - the Cambridge-Jersey flight stopped here briefly)
- Nantes (first ever foreign trip, back in '75 or so)
- Marseilles (not flown - just drove over to visit cash machine)
- Amsterdam Schipol
- Brussels (which, I'm unsure, but it was about '90)
- Berlin (Schonefeld)
- Reyjavik (Keflavik)
- Dublin (how can I have so nearly forgotten Dublin?)
- Chicago O'Hare (transfer only)
- Boston Logan
- Atlanta Hartsfield
- San Fransisco
And those are the ones I remember.
I'm bemused by having visited five different German airports, when two of those were for one trip in which our destination was actually Basel. And speaking of which, the next airport will be the Europort at Basel/Mulhouse/Freiburg. So I could pretend that Baden and Friedrichshafer were Swiss - the latter is a mere ferry ride from the border - and that I will soon have done five Swiss airports.
One thing I notice is that I started out very slowly - it was a decade between my first and second commercial flight (I discount General Aviation as always having returned to where we took off). And ten years after that, I'd only done another half-dozen trips. Yet, last year we flew to Blackpool, to Basel, to Munich, to Boston and to Dublin, and I collected four new airports.